Sunday 20 March 2016

End of season #GoalRush column

End of season #GoalRush Round Up

We are getting to the nervy stage of the season where games become less predictable. As results for the column have been very poor of late I've taken the decision to retire the column for the season to undertake further research.

Please see below for the season long record and although the past six weeks have been rough I think it's been a solid and decent first season for the column.

Season Long Record
Over 0.5 goals 114-5
Over 1.5 goals 98-21
Over 2.5 goals 66-53
Over 3.5 goals 39-80
Yes on BTTS 67-52
Home wins 56 Draws 23 Away wins 40


I would be lying if I said it had been a hard decision to pull the column for the final few weeks of the season as it's been a really easy one. At the beginning of the day on 31st January we stood at a fantastic 58-33 to over 2.5 goals.  Fast forward six weeks and we've gone on an 8-20 run and although I would have accepted our season long record at the beginning of the campaign this recent form is something I need to address.

Each week the number of games that meets the criteria has reduced and the overall performance of those selections has also declined. This week for example only nine games across the whole of Europe hit the criteria. Two were omitted on the basis of price and the other seven potential bets went 1-6. Earlier in the season when we were successful we were often getting twenty five hit the criteria and around 50% of total possible bets hitting the over.

Has the recent run just been a retracement to the mean? I think I've discovered something but I think it's only fair that I now don't post any further selections until I've tried to iron out some of the issues that's led to our poor run.

The column will be back next season for sure as its too much fun not to research and interact with you good folks on. In what form and on what platform it'll be available on I'm not sure yet but I will keep you fully briefed!


Yours in goals
Jimmy



No comments:

Post a Comment