Sunday 20 December 2015

NFL Week 15

NFL Week 15

Just two proper weeks of the regular season remain, as you can't really count the erratic last week of the campaign, and I'm getting a bit ready eyes. Nothing great lasts forever and we have some cracking games ahead of us.


Bills @ Washington +2.5
We know one thing and one thing only going into this matchup. This will be a very physical game. Apart from that who really knows what we can predict about what will happen in DC tonight. I tentatively lean to the under forty four points as this is a big game for Washington's play off hopes and for the job security of Rex Ryan. I expect it to be played in a defensive manner as I'm not convinced either side is concerned about the other sides offensive talent. This game opened with Buffalo a small favourite and they have been bet up to just under a field goal favourite but I will leave the match market alone.


Falcons @ Jaguars -3
I'm riding this Jags train again this week for the same reason I sided with them last week against Indianapolis. I think they will simply find a way to outscore their opponents. Atlanta look a train wreck at present and their season has burst into flames. As I'm not convinced Atalanta will contribute greatly to the scoring I can't even take the over forty nine points.


Bears @ Vikings -5.5
Would you want to lay five and a half points with this Minnesota team? They have won games this season but they've done it mechanically and with minimal flair. The Bears hurt us last week but receiving this amount of points I will take them here to keep fighting. My only concern is that they may start to shut down some of their banged up stars, such as Pernell McPhee, ahead of next season. The Vikings are playing nervous though and they will just a victory no matter how small of a margin it's gained by.


Titans @ Patriots -14
This opened -12.5 but was soon bet up to the full two touchdown line as bettors saw some value even on a double digit favourite. It's a lot of points and we are nearing the business end of the season. We know the Pats will take away the Titans' main weapon which is unfortunate for them as they only have one! I'm sure the gameplan for coping wth Mariota will limit his effectiveness and even at this high number it is New England or pass for me.


Chiefs @ Ravens +6.5
John Harbaugh is a very good football coach and I'm tempted to back the home dog blindly here in this spot. Yes they were blown out at home by the Seahawks last week but did you see how Russell Wilson played? That's a level of play that Alex Smith can only dream of. Will the Ravens be looking ahead to next weeks game against their arch rivals Pittsburgh? I will tentatively take this banged up Ravens side to show up at home plus but I'm just happy I bet this game on Friday when I was able to take Baltimore +7.5


Texans @ Colts -2
Who knows what's going on here. All I do know is that the Colts Look very banged up offensively and I will side with the Texans defense to get the job done.


Panthers @ Giants +4
Another big home dog here with a proven head coach in charge. Big Blue are still in the Divisional Championship race after that win in Miami. Carolina have clinched and at some point they will start resting their banged up stars and today we do not see Jonathan Stewart suit up. I lean to New York as I'm not sure how much this undefeated season means to Carolina, it should mean a lot!


Packers @ Raiders +3.5
Did you see Oakland limp to victory last Sunday in Denver? It was a great win but on paper and statistically there was nothing for the Raiders to write home about. Aaron Rodgers is finding a way to get it done even with this limited receiving corps. Packers to keep on rolling in the Californian sunshine!


Browns @ Seahawks -14.5
Johnny Football heads up to the Pacific Northwest as he auditions for a starting role for next season. Their coach is auditioning too but the Seahawks are on fire. The loss of Thomas Rawls will further allow Russell Wilson to let the handbrake off the car in this game. I sense Manziel will play well but I take the Hawks to win and even cover this big line.


Dolphins @ Chargers -1.5
I won't watch this game. I won't bet on this game. Horrible game to call. Next!


Broncos @ Steelers -6.5
Can we have Peyton Manning back? Brock Osweiler had some early success for Denver until it was established that Manning even at 81 years of age, or whatever he is, has a better arm than the younger man. Watch the Pittsburgh press up and jam at the line and swarm the young QB. I don't see Pittsburgh slipping up here but against an elite defense like Denver has six and a half points is too much for me to lay.


Bengals @ 49ers +6
Bet from -3.5 up to this level of -6 and I'm not sure why. San Fran have played rough and tough at home all season so why would this change now? It's AJ x 2 now for Cincinnati following the injury to Andy Dalton. Is it about to fall apart for the team from Ohio? 49ers straight up for me.


Cardinals @ Eagles +3.5
If Philly keep giving the Eagles the ball quickly then this Arizona team could run up 40 points with their explosive offense! I think the Eagles will play well and their underrated defense continues to work miracles given the pressure they are put under. I will take a small piece of the unders here but you may wish to wait until nearer kick off as I'm sure this will get bet up from its current fifty and a half point level.

Lions @ Saints -3
See my notes for San Diego against Miami for this one. Two teams with nothing to play for usually means points in my book. Throw in Stafford v Brees and we could see this over fifty one point line cash by the end of the third quarter!


Season long

Tennessee Titans UNDER 5.5 currently 3-10 NEARLY THERE.......
New Orleans Saints UNDER 8.5 currently 5-8 LOVELY JUBBLY
Washington Redskins UNDER 6.5 currently 6-7 FINGERNAIL BITING TIME
Arizona Cardinals OVER 8.5 currently 11-2 EASIEST MONEY WE EVER MADE
St Louis Rams UNDER 7.5 currently 5-8 SURELY MR 8-8 WON'T KILL US!

So far we have two winner winner chicken dinners, two looking very good and one in Washington hanging by a thread lol.


#SuperContest Picks Week 15
49ers +4.5
Bears +5.5
Packers -3
Seahawks -14.5
Texans +2


I admire anybody who is still in the running of the official SuperContest as this stage of the season sees some horrid games with tricky pricings!


Good luck with your bets today and enjoy the games!

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment