Sunday 27 December 2015

NFL Week 16


NFL Week 16

The last ‘real’ Sunday of the regular season is upon us. Some really attractive looking games and some real stinkers!

 

Giants @ Vikings -7    Without OBJ how can this Giants move the ball effectively? It will be hard against this Vikings defense and they play a second home game in a week after they beat me down last week against the Bears. Home side or pass for me and I think I will pass. The under 45 points does appeal to me slightly though as I’m sure AP will run and run all day here and grind the clock.

Bears @ Buccaneers -3 ½     Even though the Buccs have flopped of late I was slightly surprised to see the line originaly set at just three. Some money has come in for Tampa Bay and the line has shifted upward an extra half point. The Buccs have had extra time to prepare for this game and the Bears come into this game on the back of that disappointing loss on the road to the Vikings. I thought this would be maybe Tampa Bay minus four and a half or five so I have to lean to the home team but it’s not a strong feel. Over 46 points offers a little bit of interest to me but not that much that I will shout from the rooftops!

Panthers @ Falcons -6 ½     I cannot see the Panthers slipping up here but laying the original line of seven points would made me stop for breathe. Divisional game, in the dome………………I’m still taking Carolina as I sense this team is headed for the record books as the most under rated team in history.

Cowboys @ Bills -6    I cannot back the Cowboys but can you lay six points with Buffalo? If the weather is as inclement as it is forecast to be then I will take the Bills defense to win the game and cover against this Kellen Moore led offense. Rain and strong cross winds should make it almost impossible for Moore and the Boys to win! Give me the under 42.

Jaguars @ Saints +3   Love the Jags in this spot against a very banged up Saints side who are likely to have no Drew Brees and if he does play he will be severely limited. Give me the Jags at any price up to a field goal favourite.  

49ers @ Lions -10    How can anyone back Detroit minus ten points? How can anyone back San Fran plus ten points? In a game where there is no requirement to play defense then I will take a piece of the over forty three points.

Browns @ Chiefs -10 ½    There will be a loud welcome to Arrowhead Stadium for Johnny Manziel as he leads his Browns into Kansas City to be the next team who stands in the way of this all conquering Chiefs team. From a 1-5 start they have rallied to go 8-0 and have their season in their own hands. The money has come in for the dog though as the line has trended down from KC minus 12 to just 10 ½ but I am staying well clear of this game.

Colts @ Dolphins -2 ½   Have Indianapolis even got a quarterback on their roster at present who can walk? I expect this game to be played in front of a one third full Sun Life Stadium. When you live in Miami you have so many better things to do than go and sit down for three hours and watch a dreadful football team. If you want to watch some decent football then head down to South Beach and watch some festive flag football. Pass!

Patriots @ Jets +3    A Yuge Yuge game for the Newah Jorker Jets. I quite like them in this spot against the Patriots here but I would love an extra half point. I expect the Pats to spread New York out but it would not surprise me if new recruit Steven Jackson didn’t get a few carries to acclimate himself in the system. A tricky call and one I will leave to cleverer men than myself.

Texans @ Titans +3 ½     The QB matchup we all want to see, Weeden v Mettenberger.  Give me the Texans on the road to get the job done and continue their march to the divisional title!

Packers @ Cardinals -4    Money comes each week for the Packers no matter what the spot and whomever the opponent. I am sure there will be a lot of money on the over 50 ½ points but I am not convinced that Green Bay will move the ball effectively. I would have to side with the home favourite but fear the need of the road dog. In truth a pass for me.

Rams @ Seahawks -12 ½    I gave the Browns more chance of covering last week than I do St Louis here. Seattle are rolling and I do not see the momentum ending here. St Louis have no aerial threat against the better pass defenses in the league.

Steelers @ Ravens +10    It appears it is Mallet time in Baltimore as Baltimore look to set to evaluate his potential. Is there ever a case to be made for backing the train wreck that is Ryan Mallet? Maybe Pittsburgh will get up in the game, rest their starters and Mallet leads Baltimore to a back door cover? That is probably your only hope for a Ravens bet this Sunday.

Bengals @ Broncos -3 ½     Both teams need this game but it’s the home team who need the victory most as they may even fall out of the play off race due to a resurgent Kansas City outfit. Taking AJ McCarron on the road against an elite defense is not a position I want to find myself in. Broncos all the way for me.

 

#SuperContest Picks for Week 16

Broncos -3.5

Jaguars -2.5

Panthers -6.5

Seahawks -13.5

Texans -4

 
Currently 44-31 for the season sat in joint 121st with the leader sat on a highly impressive 54-20-1.

*My Super Contest picks at this stage of the season are based very much on siding with teams who still have things to play for. Either sides striving for play off places or those aiming to maintain momentum if they get in to the dance*


Next week I will sum up by Season Long Bets for both Divisional Championships and my under/over season win totals.


Enjoy the games tonight and best of luck with all your bets!

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment