Sunday 27 September 2015

NFL Sunday


NFL Week Three


Well this season is already into Week Three and sometimes you wonder where the time goes! The Giants finally got their first win on Thursday night when they beat a Washington side who went into the game with great hope of gaining victory. That division is certainly up in the air as with Tony Romo and Dez Bryant out for a number of weeks the 2-0 Dallas Cowboys look a vulnerable divisional leader.

In the SuperContest my picks are 6-4 which would see me around mid table with three participants standing at an incredible 10-0. My picks this week are below and please remember these lines are set on a Wednesday and do not move at all:

Panthers -4.5
Seahawks -14.5
Ravens -2.5
Colts -3
Cardinals -6.5


As you will see there are some pretty square picks in there this week but I am feeling kinda square today!  Anyway moving on to the games for this weekend.


Steelers @ Rams Pk
Jeff Fisher will have his side pumped up for this and it will be interesting to see how the immobile Big Ben copes with the Rams defensive line. Lev Bell is back for Pittsburgh but he may not play all the snaps in his first game back. If I see a number south of 50 in the points total in Steeler games, 47 in this one, I will back the overs almost blindly until I lose. Hit me on the overs.


Chargers @ Vikings -2.5
This is a trap as I want to take the Vikings here! This is the second west to east coast trip in seven days for the Chargers. I’m surprised to see this point line at just 44 as I feel there will be some scoring here. The fact that Adrian Peterson may have a big game might have made the oddsmakers lower the total as the clock may be bled. Both teams should move the ball well though so give me some of the overs.


Buccaneers @ Texans -6.5
I’m not overly keen on laying the points here but Houston should win this match. The Buccs are, in my opinion, more like their first week performance against the Titans than that win last time out over the Saints. The fact that DeAndre Hopkins looks set to play in the game makes me a little less nervous about backing the home team.
 


Eagles @ Jets -2
This line has swung around five points since it opened and that has all been on what your eyes have seen so far this season.
 Can the Eagles really go 0-3 with the genius Chip Kelly in charge? Maybe and maybe not. I know for sure I will not be betting in this game!


Saints @ Panthers -8
The injury to Drew Brees has swung this line five points but I still like the home team. New Orleans were struggling to move the ball before Brees was ruled out and this tough Panthers defense should easily shut down the Saints’ putrid looking offense.
 


Jaguars @ Patriots -13.5
Bill Belichick does not care about the spread. Bill Belichick does not care about the spread. Keep repeating this to yourself before you make a bet on either side in the match market this Sunday. The week before the bye though Bill will not ease off so give me some of the over 47.5 on the goal line as my favourite point line bet of the week.


Bengals @ Ravens -2.5
It's make or break week for the Ravens as they cannot recover from a 0-3 start in this division. I trust Baltimore in big spots to deliver so take them here favoured by less than a field goal.
 Anyway, Andy Dalton is always terrible against divisional opponents!


Raiders @ Browns -3.5
McCown is back for the Browns and it seems the Brownies will look to play solid risk free football and put it on their defense. The Raiders will look to air it out a bit more with their improved offense.
 What I will say to those imploring for Johnny Football is that McCown drove the Browns the full length of the field in his one drive against the Jets. How did Andrew Luck do against that same defense? A slight lean to the Browns.


Colts @ Titans +3
Home dog by three or more points is traditionally where the professionals make their money. On both sides of the ball Indianapolis are under pressure up front. It is a square pick but I trust Andrew Luck in this spot far more than Super Mario. In fact I sense a double digit victory for Indianapolis and Frank Gore to get into the end zone a couple of times.



Falcons @ Cowboys +1

The Cowboys need to put this on their offensive line and shorten this game. The big boys up front can certainly do it but the JerryDome is not a hostile environment and Matt Ryan has some weapons. Give me Atlanta and the over 44.5.


49ers @ Cardinals -6.5
The level of the 49ers is probably somewhere in between the two performances they've put in so far this season. It has to be Arizona or pass for me here and I just about trust Arians and Palmer on this line.

Bears @ Seahawks -14.5
Jimmy Clausen on the road against a Seahawks defense with Kam Chancellor back (notice how he did not come back to take on Rodgers last week? Even at this big line I lean heavily to Seattle as at 0-2 the margin and manner of victory is as important as the win itself. Cannot believe I am saying this but even -14.5 this is my favourite match market bet f the day.

Bills @ Dolphins -3
Bad weather come into this game and if it does I would trust the Bills and Rex Ryan far more than this Philbin led Dolphins team.
 Seemingly you can run all over this Dolphins defense and who better to take advantage of this is than this Bills rushing offense. Bills!

Broncos @ Lions +3
Stafford is banged up and I am not sure how Detroit will move the ball against this stout Denver defense. The homely indoor surroundings of Detroit’s dome will also be to Peyton Manning’s liking but I am not sure I can trust them laying points on the road if they are reliant on their defense. Pass for me.

Chiefs @ Packers -6.5

At this line of six and a half I will pass but the money may come for the Packers and drive this number up to seven. If it does I'd be tempted to have a piece of the dog. I like the overs though in most prime time games at Lambeau at any number under 50 so with this set at 49 I will have a bit of the overs in hope of a shootout.



 Best of luck with your bets today folks!

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment