Sunday 13 September 2015

NFL Sunday Week One


NFL Week One



Yes the season started on Thursday evening when the Patriots beat the Steelers 28-21 but today is the day that all NFL fans circle in their calendar, opening Sunday!

As always there looks to be some good opportunities on opening day but you know this is one of the most unpredictable sports there can be. So always tread with caution and ensure you have some bankroll left for next week.

Packers @ Bears +7  – to lay seven points on the road away to a divisional opponent is big. Especially when you have lost your number one wide receiver through injury and there are injury concerns on your number two wide receiver. However, the Packers are the only team you can consider backing in this game. I expect a big game for Lacy on the ground and Adams through the air for the Packers. Chicago need to drag out the game, win the time of possession battle and run the ball. I can’t see them doing it enough though to keep it close.

Chiefs @ Texans Pk – this is a real difficult game to call as the line suggests. I like Kansas City to challenge for their divisional crown this season but I just have a feeling that the Texans will do just enough in this one. Not a strong suggestion though.

Browns @ Jets -3.5  - Earlier in the week I really like the under 40 points and it has since been bet down to 39.5 points. I will still take a healthy chunk of that as I am not sure how I see the Browns moving the ball and 17 points may be enough for the Jets to take this game. Under 39.5 points is my favoured points bet of the week.

Colts @ Bills +3  – Tyrod Taylor v Andrew Luck, is it a contest? That’s why football is a team game and I do think that Taylor’s mobility will cause this Colts defense some issues. Add in the threat of McCoy and Rex Ryan will have some trickery in mind to keep the Colts off the field. I am going to call this one and say the Bills get this done Straight Up.

Dolphins @ Washington +3.5  – not sure what angle you can take to side with the home dog here, it’s the Dolphins or pass.

Panthers @ Jaguars +3  – The Jags look set to be improved this season and I have deep concerns about the Panthers offense. If you can get three points on a home dog against a side who may struggle to move the ball then take them all day!

Seahawks @ Rams +4  – as per the above, how are the Rams going to move the ball? Not sure I can lay the four points but if you’re doing a Straight Up accumulator then I can trust them enough to put them in there.

Saints @ Cardinals -2.5  – my favourite bet of the weekend. I am all over the Cardinals in this one. A strong defense should slow down the Saints offense and this New Orleans defense looks set to struggle once more. Cardinals ATS is my best bet of the week.

Lions @ Chargers -3 – I lean towards the Chargers here but with no real conviction. I sense good things could happen in San Diego but want to see them first before I put my hard earned cash on the line with them. Detroit, well who knows which Lions team will travel to the west coast?

Titans @ Buccaneers -3 – the battle of the Number One and Two draft picks. Even with the potential for Mike Evans to be out for the Buccs I just think they will be able to move the ball a bit better than Tennessee. Give me the Buccs to squeak out a low scoring game.

Bengals @ Raiders +3 – Andy Dalton travelling west giving up points……rather you than me backing that one! Oakland should improve this season and I will be very interested to see how DerekCarr links with new wide receiver Amari Cooper. I want to back the Raiders here receiving points but I just can’t do it…..!

Ravens @ Broncos -5 – the Broncos defense could be the nit that carries them to glory this season rather than the ageing Peyton Manning.  There could be value with the road dog here receiving five points as this could be a much lower scoring game than the points line of 48.5 suggests. Give me some of the under.

Giants @ Cowboys -6 - the Giants look in a state of disarray to me so even though this is a divisional opponent and they know Dallas so well I just cannot consider backing them plus six points. In fact I think I can just about trust the Cowboys, even at this line, as I sense their offensive line will push the GMen around all night. Cowboys to win by double digits.

Eagles @ Falcons +3 – the Eagles look set for another decent season but I am not sure they should be so strongly favoured for this game. Perhaps the oddsmakers believe the artificial environment within the dome in Georgia will help their timing based offense even more. The points line is set at 56 and even at that line I lean towards the over.

Vikings @ 49ers +2.5 – a few months ago this line opened San Fran -3.5 so that is a full six points shift. I think the value has gone but am not rushing to back the 49ers given the issues they have experienced since the end of last season.



Good luck everyone and enjoy the first weekend, it’s going to be great!



All the best

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment