Sunday 20 September 2015

NFL Week Two


Texans @ Panthers -3  It's a brave man who lays points with this pretty tepid looking Panthers offense against any side half capable. I lean heavily towards the Texans especially if the Panthers' defensive leader Luke Keuchly is ruled out of this game.
Buccaneers @ Saints -10  Having watched Drew Brees on the road you'd not want to be laying this many points. The Buccs are that bad though and as Lovie Smith continues to arrange his cast of failed Chicago Bears defensive players the future doesn't look bright. One to swerve for me!
49ers @ Steelers -6  This could be a very dangerous game for the well fancied Steelers. The 49ers will be looking to move and role out Colin Kaerpernick at every opportunity and I am not sure this weak Steelers defensive can cope. I like San Fran on this line and to be honest the Money Line bet on them appeals to me! My only concern is that this is a short week for the 49ers following that MNF win.
Lions @ Vikings -3  There has been some money on the Lions this week but is that more to do with an over reaction against Minnesota? The sexy pick for the summer were blasted on the west coast on Monday night.
Patriots @ Bills +1  This is my favourite game of the day……to watch! The Pats are 26-3 of late against the Bills but I sense that Buffalo and Rex Ryan have some tricks up their sleeves for this one. A game to watch and enjoy but even though I lean to the Bills that Belichick/Brady record against them puts me off betting in this game.
Cardinals @ Bears +2 John Fox showed last week that he will use Matt Forte in a more traditional way on the ground this season and the Cardinals are a team who grind the opposition down. Loving the under 46.5 points in this one!
Titans @ Browns +1.5   Well I loved the Brownies in this one if Josh McCown plays as under him they moved the ball effectively last week in New York. However, it is another dose of Manziel on offer for us today. Mariota was up against Tampa Bay and I want to see him do it on the road in a hostile environment against a decent defense. Browns tentatively for me.
Chargers @ Bengals -3.5  West coast team headed east coast for an early start but I think I stood in Caesars Palace a couple of years ago and watched the Chargers in the same time slot hand a play off loss to their hosts. At first glance I think this line should be set at 5 but then I remember Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton are involved for the Bengals...............pass!
Rams @ Washington +3  Another game where I really like the unders. Both teams have far stronger defenses than their offensives that will be on show. This will be a tough hard fought and low scoring game so give me the unders on the point line of 42 as my favourite points bet of the week.
Falcons @ Giants -2.5  I can't take this GMen defense to stop the Falcons offense this Sunday. The Falcons' D under new head coach Dan Quinn look stouter and they surely must be able to get one more stop than New York can.
Ravens @ Raiders +6  Laying six points for this impotent looking Ravens side is a risk but Oakland looked so poor last Sunday. This is a trap that I am not going to fall into, passing this game completely!
Dolphins @ Jaguars +6  As per the above!
Cowboys @ Eagles -5  Last week the Eagles' defense certainly looked like it will be a formidable unit this season with several big plays driving the Falcons back behind the line of scrimmage. This running back by committee approach of the Cowboys may struggle and if they get behind the down and distance without Dez Bryant to call on they will struggle.  Eagles for me but I am not sure this will go over the point total of 55.
Seahawks @ Packers -3.5 Another week without Kam Chancellor means I cannot take the Hawks here so I lean towards the home team in the big Sunday Night Football.


Jets @ Colts -7  This line opened at Colts -10 so what we saw last weekend has shifted this line three points. The Jets will look to ground and pound, shorten the game and keep it tight. This line looks set around spot on so I will keep away from that and just go to the over 46.5 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment