Saturday 16 January 2016

NFL Divisional Weekend

After a pretty good betting performance last weekend where I went 3-1 it's another good looking set of games. Although I'm not feeling that confident there still looks to be some good propositions out there. Here are my brief thoughts on each of this weeks Divisional Weekend games..............


Chiefs @ Patriots -5 
The Chiefs have been an absolute ATM for their backers as they extended their winning run to twelve games in the shut out off Houston last week. We've seen the Patriots be susceptible in this spot on a Saturday evening in the Divisional Round before. However, can you seriously take Andy Reid to out coach Bill Belichick in Foxboro? I thought not! Houston got their miserable ground game going against KC last week so I see the Pats, still missing a lot of their skill players on offense, finding a way to run the ball and grind the clock. Give me some of the under forty three points.


Packers @ Cardinals -7
The Packers didn't cure all of their ills in that comeback win at Washington last Sunday but it won't have done them any harm. Green Bay return here to the scene of their crime just a few weeks ago when Arizona torched them! I have to believe that last week will have encouraged the Packers so if you are giving me Aaron Rodgers plus a touchdown against anyone in the Play Offs I will take it. It won't be for big stakes as they don't match up well against the Cardinals. However, despite my love for Bruce Arians and his team something deep inside of me tells me that their season will end in heartbreak. It's a gut feeling and I'm probably wrong but it's there inside of me! I will take Green Bay plus the points.


Seahawks @ Panthers -2
This is set to be the best game of the weekend in my opinion. Both teams have built from the ground up defensively to achieve their relative successes of recent years. They have evolved though into dangerous offensive units and I have a feeling this could turn into a shoot out. You could never accuse either quarterback of not taking a deep shot downfield so there could be many more points than this line of forty four. The Seahawks left a lot out on the field last Sunday and I reckon they will come out firing here. Seattle straight up and the overs  for me as I see Cam and Carolina being dumped out of the Play Offs in front of their own fans.


Steelers @ Broncos -7.5 
Denver host a very banged up Pittsburgh side here and the real question is just how fit will Big Ben be? If he can throw it more than ten yards then the Steelers have a chance of at least covering the spread. The loss of Antonio Brown is big for Pittsburgh and you know this well rested Broncos defense would cause problems to even a fully fit Steelers offense. Noodle Arm Manning should have a bit extra velocity in that right arm of his this week so I will take the home team but only straight up. I'm staying well clear of the points line as you know full well that one hit on Big Ben and it could be Goodnight Vienna!


All the best and enjoy the games!

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment