Saturday 29 August 2015

Saturday Column

Last weekend I was just a single goal away in the Leicester/Tottenham game from landing that completely ridiculous treble that my mate bullied me into researching. Ok, maybe not quite bullied but he did threaten to set his Mrs on me if I didn't come up with one. She is worse than a pitbull!

So how can I top that this week? Well we do have quite a few heavy favourites this weekend in the Premiership so maybe we can look at some form of First Goalscorer Lucky 15. If the whipping boys throw the towel in this weekend then this could be the easiest bet of the year. How does that sound?

Eden Hazard 5/1 for Chelsea at home to Crystal Palace
Well he hasn't quite hit the ground running this season but there were sparks last week that he is getting back to his best. He scored the only goal in this fixture last season and the arrival of Pedro should help open up even more space for the Belgian wizard.

David Silva 13/2 for Manchester City at home to Watford
I think I fancy David Silva and he is, in my opinion, by far the best player in the Premiership. With silky touches and Latin good looks he has cast a spell over me. He has the kind of skills that these numpties from Watford just won't be able to cope with.

Philippe Coutinho 11/2 for Liverpool at home to West Ham United
I think it's fair to say that Liverpool will have a lot of the ball in this game. The Hammers will look to defend their box so don't expect much space for Benteke. Instead turn to this little magic man as he scores all sorts of goals and if the box is packed he could just smash one in from twenty five yards.

Harry Kane 4/1 for Tottenham Hotspur at home to Everton
The last winning bet of this Lucky 15 will be cashed by the lad I am calling the 'New Alan Shearer'. Harry Kane relies on no one part of his game as he does everything excellently. At an early age he is almost the complete centre forward. He has started the season slowly compared to last year but he will become the complete centre forward in my eyes when he nets the opener here and sends us delirious!


A £1 winning Lucky 15 on that motley crews pays a return of £2,929.15 for all four winners with Paddy Power. However, I am sure Paddy fresh from his takeover/merger of Betfair will give you some kind of bonus should you be daft enough to pile on. Maybe a reduction in your commission charge..............yeah righto.

Be sensible as this bet is just for a bit of fun. God I hope it comes in as my mate probably won't back it as his Mrs won't let him watch the late game.


Good luck and all the best
Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment