Sunday 16 August 2015

Weekend Review

Weekend Review


Morning all, well what another weekend full of surprises and shocks in the roller coaster that is the football season. I admire anyone who covers all leagues in one country or the top leagues in multiple countries as I just cannot keep up with the volume of games across all leagues. Hence I concentrate on just two major leagues, EPL and Division Two, and my Goal Rush work. So what are my thoughts this week?

Manchester City were backed heavily and consistently all week with serious cash and they delivered for the big money punters. The final scoreline was a comprehensive 3-0 home win but we can look back at that unjustly disallowed goal and wonder what may have been had that Ramires goal had stood and Chelsea levelled at 1-1. City are flying whilst Chelsea are under pressure, both on and off the field, as they head to The Hawthorns this weekend where they have struggled in recent years.

"They need time to gel." If I had a pound for every time I heard that about Man Utd over the last few weeks then I'd be a rich man. Sometimes teams are just who they look and perform like. I'm not sure that this United team, given their personnel, will ever be a team that really destroys teams. They look a grinding machine that squeezes the life out of their opposition and are happy to win low scoring games. Until I see otherwise I continue to like the unders in their matches.

My preview of Southampton's opening day trip to Newcastle centred around potential defensive concerns since the departure of Clyne this summer. That defence which has now lost two key components in the last two summers has conceded five goals in their first two games. This week they travel to a Watford side who have had a bright start to the season without gaining the full rewards for their performances. A game to really watch with interest as the days of trusting Southampton to get a clean sheet appear to be in the past.


The Division Two Stats Pack had a solid week. Our main match bet lost but the best goals bet of the weekend did deliver nicely as Yeovil and Bristol Rovers comfortably went under 2.5 goals. Highlights include the Yes on BTTS landing in the 4-4 draw between Carlisle and Cambridge, Northampton beating Exeter at home and both sides finding the net in the Plymouth/Portsmouth game. Disappointments include both York and Hartlepool finding the net in their match up and my pre season fancies Luton letting a two goal home lead slip with less than ten minutes to go to stop us from cashing the home win.

We have a full programme of Division Two action this Tuesday night but there is still plenty of time to sign up for the Stats Pack by clicking the link below:

http://ukbettingpro.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/new-revamped-division-2-stats-pack.html?m=1


The Goal Rush, thanks to a late goal in our extra Sunday Special column, moved to 6-1. We continue to monitor the trends as those seven games have seen the home team go 5-1-1 and Yes BTTS is 5-2. Goal distribution is evenly spread with 2,2,3,3,4,5 and 5 goals.


Monday Night Football tonight sees Liverpool host Bournemouth. I'm wary of making a bet here as I cannot be sure as to how the away team will approach this fixture. They may come out all guns blazing and be positive but they may adopt a cautious approach, I just don't know. With Coutinho as my Fantasy Football captain I'm hoping its the former rather than the latter but it's a game I won't be betting on.


Have a great day and speak soon
Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment