Friday 21 August 2015

Soccer Saturday Nonsense Treble Bet

The Saturday EPL 10/1 Shot Column

One of my mates said this week "I tell you what you need to do pal, find me a 10/1 winner that'll make my Saturday night. Oh and can you limit it to the 3pm Premiership games as that's all the telly the Mrs will let me watch." So I looked at him and thought, can you find me any more criteria?!

Sometimes I am not sure what people expect of me.  If I could pull 10/1 bets out of a hat, at will, do you think I'd be sat writing this on this train at 530pm on a Friday evening? Of course not.  However, it did get me thinking that this task is something I should undertake as a bit of fun, as it is achievable, and what the heck I could write a column about it and bore you lot with it too!

At least the orders to stick to the 3pm kick off Premiership games will give you a bit of entertainment whilst you watch Soccer Saturday on Sky. Bearing in mind whilst all this is going on I will be getting sunburnt, as I always forget my sun cream, out in the cricket field. So, what bets have we got lined up for this clearly attainable but rarely achieved 10/1+ treble.

Let's start at the old Filbert Street which isn't even the new Filbert Street as it's the Walkers Crisps Stadium and Leicester v Tottenham Hotspur. These two sides couldn't contain each other last season as their three meetings, including one in the FA Cup, saw a total of thirteen goals scored. Leicester's two EPL games have seen nine goals and worryingly they have conceded three times to Sunderland and West Ham teams who do look anaemic in front of goal. Spurs are a carefree side though so although you can see them scoring can you really see them keeping a clean sheet? Me neither, so let's take some of the over 2.5 goals in this match.

Sunderland host Swansea at the Stadium of Light and the price of the away team is quite frankly ridiculous. The Swans have won just 16 of their total 58 EPL away games yet are giving up half a goal on the handicap to Sunderland, madness! These stats though do not factor in one important fact and that is the fact that Sunderland are garbage! I have nothing against garbage teams as their games are often the most profitable to bet in, either supporting or opposing them, but this early in the season I won't trust Sunderland to either win or lose the game. What I feel you can rely on is Swansea to dominate the battle for possession with Sunderland desperately tapping at their heels to try and win it back. The home team failed to score in eight of their nineteen home EPL games last season and scored two or times on four occasions. Logic follows then that in seven games they found the net once in a match so the 6/4 available on them to score one goal in this game is priced about right. Away from home I can't trust Swansea to keep a clean sheet but who would put any money on this shot shy home team scoring more than twice as they won't have the ball very much.

Suggesting I stick to the 3pm kick offs may have been a bad idea as for this last bet I have been scrabbling around and I was keen to put Harry Kane in as an anytime scorer. However, I bet nowhere will take that as it'll say it is a correlated bet to the over 2.5 goals bet in the same match. So we will head to Carrow Road where Norwich host Stoke with both sides looking to build on promising starts to the season. Norwich were unlucky to lose on opening day at home to Crystal Palace before that good win at Sunderland last Saturday. Stoke looked dead and buried last week at White Hart Lane as they trailed 2-0 well into the second half. The Potters fought back though to grab a point to register their only point of the season after that opening day 1-0 defeat at the hands of Liverpool. I sense both sides will see a point from this game as a decent return so I'm going to sit on the fence and suggest a draw.


Silly Saturday 3pm Treble

Sunderland to score exactly one goal @ 6/4
Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur Total goals over 2.5 goals @ 5/6
Norwich City v Stoke City Draw @ 9/4

£1 pays £14.90 with SkyBet


Hope he isn't planning a big night tonight relying on this lot to come in! Good luck folks as you'll probably need it.


All the best
Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment