Sunday 8 November 2015

NFL Sunday


Morning Folks

Is it already Sunday again? The weeks certainly fly past in the NFL season and we head into what looks a great weekend of action. There are three fantastic live games on Sky this Sunday and then we have Monday Night Football. I am sure the Chargers/Bears will still be on in my house, mainly as I have Josh Lambo Danny Woodhead in my Fantasy Team, but it’s not an enticing match up. The huge swathe of injuries last weekend makes this an even more intriguing week from a betting perspective.

The weekend kicked off with Cincinnati laying a beat down on the Johnny Manziel led Cleveland Browns. Tyler Eiffert being in my opponents Fantasy Team this week puts me behind the eight ball so I need a few of my players to go off majorly. Come on Ted Ginn Jnr……….oh dear I hear you cry!


Packers @ Panthers +3
This will be a fantastic early game for us Sky viewers (well those not fixated on the RedZone anyway lol). Green Bay seem to be having issues with their receivers getting open and this is not just a knee jerk reaction to last weeks loss at Denver. It’s been happening a while now and here they give up points on the road again to a team with a better run game and a better defense. At this price point I will side with the Panthers as the value here.

 
Raiders @ Steelers -4 ½  
This is a tricky spot for the Raiders as they travel cross country off of the back of a great win that has gained them huge plaudits in the media. The Jets were terrible and although Le’veon Bell is out for the season I like Pittsburgh here. The line opened minus six but has been bet down to minus four and a half. DeAngelo Williams will be an adequate stand in for Bell and Ben Roethlisberger will be an extra week healthier. Steelers for me in a let down spot for the Raiders.

 
Titans @ Saints -7 ½  
The Titans fired Ken Wisenhunt in the week and was it a surprise as in his last 35 games as a NFL Headcoach he was 4-31. I am just surprised it didn’t happen sooner! Interim coach Mike Malarkey has not got a huge amount of offensive weapons to unleash on a Saints team who have found their swagger of late. Even with a Rob Ryan defense on show for the Saints the total of 47.5 may go under, incredible scenes in the Superdome. A very tricky call and one I am not prepared to make.

Rams @ Vikings -1
Teddy Bridgewater has not looked a great NFL quarterback in recent weeks and this week the Vikings take on one of the elite NFL defenses as St Louis’ defensive front is top notch. It is set to be very windy in Minneapolis today and this will hinder the Vikings far more than St Louis and further hamper Bridgewater in the passing game. The line opened Minnesota minus two and a half and the line was quickly bet down to minus one. I really like the Rams here straight up to physically overpower the home team, surely Mr 8-8 Jeff Fisher can go 5-3 and then mess it up.

 
Redskins @ Patriots -14

Blow out, blow out, blow out. Back door cover, back door cover, back door cover. Would you want to take on Jay Gruden with two weeks to prepare for a road game in New England……………probably! Either way there should be a lot of points this Sunday at Foxboro. I can see several scenarios to enable the overs to cash so I am all over it.

 
Jaguars @ Jets -8

Fitzpatrick from the shotgun every snap? The line for this has moved all over the place from the open of -2.5 to -6 and up to this level of -8. Fitzpatrick is banged up and it is a ‘pain tolerance’ issue for him. What the Jets are basically saying is, are you a man Fitzy? Give me the Jags plus the points but there are a lot of unknowns going into this game. The point line has been driven up from 40 to 43 here and at this level I am not touching it.

 
Dolphins @ Bills -3

This is the season for the Bills and they know it. They have also had two weeks to prepare for this game after that shambolic effect in London. Miami had a reality check last Thursday night as the Patriots laid the smack down to wannabe WWE character Dan Campbell. X’s and O’s aren’t big Dan’s strength and he I can see him getting out schemed by Rex Ryan, who although he is over rated, can at least a coach an NFL team. Get ready to return to the squared circle Dan and lay the points with the Bills.


Falcons @ 49ers +7
The Blaine Gabbert era begins in San Francisco. I always try and give quarterbacks a second chance in life as they are often a victim of the environment they are thrust into when they are drafted. Normally they are crap teams with limited resources such as Gabbert in Jacksonville. I expect Atlanta to win but I can’t participate in this from a wagering perspective on the match market. I lean to the overs though as I am sure the 49ers offensive unit will be more invigorated without Kaepernick under centre.


Giants @ Buccaneers +2.5
I dread to think what Odell Beckham Jnr may do to the dreadful Buccaneers defensive gameplan of sitting off and allowing receptions. The Giants defense is regressing after a decent start to the season and early this week I loved the over at 48. I still like it but it has ticked up a point and a half and the weather could turn stormy in Tampa. In view of this I will play smaller over stakes than I want to bet but still the over is the side to take.


Broncos @ Colts +5.5
If Andrew Luck appeared uncertain last week against Carolina I am not sure what this Denver defense will do to him this week. That said they are back in the dome in Indianapolis (although they will probably open the roof) and if this line continues to climb, it opened at three, and gets to six and a half then I will take the Colts. Andrew Luck 8-0 ATS as a home dog! At the present level though I am leaving this one alone.


Eagles @ Cowboys +3
The Eagles play quickly and the Cowboys can’t get a first down so each team might get thirty possessions in this game! The Eagles defense is sneaky good and I am convinced that their offense will find a way to score twenty points. Lay the points with the road favourite. A side note here, it will be interesting to see the reception Greg Hardy gets today from the home fans. As silly as it sounds I think this could affect Dallas. Eagles all day for me here.

 
Bears @ Chargers -4

Cutler without Forte take to the road and visit a Chargers side led by Rivers without Allen in a horrible game to try and work out. In these circumstances I will always put the points in my back pocket. Back John Fox to keep the Bears in the game long enough to cash any ticket that gives you over a field goal.

 

My season long under/over win total bets currently stand as below:

Tennessee Titans - under 5.5 wins and currently 1-6
Washington Redskins - under 6.5 wins and currently 3-4
New Orleans Saints - under 8.5 wins and currently 4-4

Arizona Cardinals - over 8.5 wins and currently 6-2

St Louis Rams - under 7.5 wins and currently 4-3

 
As we are at the half way mark now for the season I thought it would be interesting to see where we are with our Divisional Championship bets.

 
AFC

North  Baltimore Ravens @ 13/8 – endured a horrid season, a bet to forget at 2-6.

South  Houston Texans @ 9/2 – somehow still in the race at 3-5 in the worst division in football

East  Buffalo Bills @ 13/2 - currently sat at 3-4 and in the Pats division it is a Play Off berth at very best for them

West  Kansas City Chiefs @ 5/1 – were unable to split a tough opening schedule and sit at 3-5 despite winning their last two.

 
NFC

North   Green Bay Packers @ 4/9 – Rodgers is finding it hard but they top the division at 6-1.

South  Atlanta Falcons @ 9/4 – cracks are beginning to show but they still hang on to the Panthers coat tails a game out of first place at 6-2.

East   Philadelphia Eagles @ 6/4 – sit a game back at 3-4 behind the Giants but I still believe they will win this division.

West  Seattle Seahawks @ 4/11 – two games behind the Cardinals but they welcome Arizona to the home of the 12th man after this weeks bye.

 
Some real mixed results so far for our season long divisional bets and it seems incredible that the Texans may have been the best value pick we made. Crazy!

Finally on to my SuperContest just for fun picks. After last Monday's miraculous cover from the Colts we now stand at 24-16. I can handle a 60% return but prefer regular 3-2 weeks. Let’s see what this week brings and I am confident of these returning a positive week:

Bills -3
Eagles -2.5
Rams +1.5
Steelers -4
Patriots -13.5

 

Good luck with all your bets this Sunday and make it a winning weekend!

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment